For all urgent referral please ensure that you contact the on-call WPRS doctor on 0409 645 660
Urgent referrals include:
1. All open injuries
2. Lacerated tendon, nerves and arteries
3. Open hand fracture
5. Serious hand infections
6. Compartment syndrome
You will be provided with fasting information for your patient when you contact the on call WPRS doctor.
Once contacted the on-call WPRS doctor will advise and assist with any hospital transferred that are required. Private, Workcover and TAC patient will be transferred to St John of God Hospital Warrnambool and public patient will be transferred to Southwest Healthcare Warrnambool
Please ensure that all injuries have had an x-ray.
For all open injuries please ensure:
1. The wound is cleaned
2. Simply dressing such as jelonet and crepe are appropriate
3. Given antibiotics (either IV or oral)
4. ADT is updated as required
5. Patients are placed in a plaster back slab for comfort